Just couple of days back, the official build of Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1 was leaked out for Galaxy S II, and this time again the more stable version of ICS 4.0.3 was leaked with TouchWiz feature included is here.
The news about this leaked ROM comes from SamMobile blog. Here in this post we are going to talk about how to install ICS 4.0.3 TouchWized ROM on SGSII, Catch us after the jump.
Well, before getting started with the process, user need to first collect the pre-requisite items that are required to install the official build of ICS on SGSII and the things are:
1)ODIN tool [download link provided below]
2)Android ICS 4.0.3 [download link provided below]
Once done with pre-requisite items user need to keep one thing in mind that this ROM is a beta build so it may contain some bugs hence it is advised not to use this ROM as daily driver.
Now, before starting with the process, as we always say to take a backup the data before playing with the device and keep in mind that user will be fully responsible of their device, if something goes wrong then we are not responsible for the same.
How to install ICS 4.0.3 on Galaxy S II:
- Extract the Android ICS 4.0.3 file to your desktop and keep it safe.
- Check whether KIES app is running or not. If it is running then close the program completely.
- Now, launch the ODIN app which you have downloaded in the pre-requisite items.
- Switch off Galaxy S II and once it completely shuts down hold the key combination [Volume Up+ Home + Power button] to boot up the device in Download Mode.
- Connect SGSII with PC via USB cable and check for ODIN to detect it.
- Once done, click on PDA, PHONE, CSC to set parameters; for PDA select â€œI9100_CODE_I9100XXKP8_CL42141_REV02_user_low_ship. tar.md5, this is the file that you have extracted to your desktop in the very first step. Click on PHONE and set to MODEM_I9100XXKP8_REV_02_CL1092599.tar.md5â€ and CSC to GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXAKP8.tar.md5â€
- Once the proper selection for PDA, PHONE and CSC are made, hit on START button.
- Now, ODIN file will flash the SGSII with ICS 4.0.3 TouchWizâ€™ed ROM and once it is done disconnect SGSII from PC and restart the device.
- In the last step, Go to the AboutÂ PhoneÂ page of the device and look for Android and Baseband version, it should show 4.0.3 and I91000XXKP8 and once you found the matching code then congratulations your device is now running on ICS 4.0.3 with TouchWized feature installed.
- ICS 4.0.3 [Use Password as : samfirmware.com]