It’s always a great experience when we take a test drive on other handset software’s whether it is Motorola’s Motoblur launcher or TouchWiz UI on HTC Sense; we really enjoy playing with it.
An individual likes the overall experience which is achieved by playing with this software’s and in recent move LG Optimus P500, one of the flagship model from the house LG has finally able to run Sony Ericsson’s TimeScape UI on it.
Senior member, fundoozzz from well known Xda-develper forum with the help of other fellow members, was able to make workable port on LG Optimus P500 running on Android Gingerbread OS 2.3.
To install and run TimeScape UI on Optimus P500, user needs to download the patch and flash it via recovery mode after that downloading and installing Xperia Home APK will not take more than couple of minutes and after that user will be able to run launcher and Widgets on Optimus P500 smoothly.
Disclaimer: TechDistinct is not to be held responsible in any case if your device gets bricked or anything went wrong during the process of downloading and installing SE TimeScape UI.
Before getting started with downloading and installing SE TimeScape UI on Optimus P500, make sure you have enough knowledge about custom installation because this process may brick your device or render into non-bootable state due to mod installation.
Getting Started with SE TimeScape UI on LG Optimus P500 (For CM7):
- Download the CM7 zip file from here.
- Now, once done boot the device in recovery mode and flash it without erasing/deleting anything.
- In the third step, you need to download the SE TimeScape UI from this link and install it.
- After successfully completing the third step, your device will start running on SE TimeScape UI.
Installing SE TimeScape UI on LG Optimus P500 (For other ROM’s):
- In the very first step, user is advised to delete the “build.prop” file from the SE TimeScape UI zip folder.
- Now, look for the “build.prop” file in system folder and add this code to it” ro.semc.timescape_keys=Sony_Ericsson_Xperia” (without quotes).
- After deleting and adding the above code to “build.prop”, flash it and then install the SE TimeScape UI launcher.
- Done, Enjoy SE TimeScape UI on LG Optimus P500.
The widget that comes with this ROM includes:
- SE TimeScape UI (Facebook, Twitter, Call Log, Messaging).
- On/Off Widget
- Timer Widget
- Digital Clock Widget
- Status Switch Widget
- Photo and Video Widget
- Favorite and Call Log Widget
NOTE: If CM7 user has already made changes to build.prop file, then there might be chances that you may lose it, so it’s better to follow instructions for other ROM’s above.