Nexus 4 is one of the most powerful and fully loaded Android phone which comes with amazing features. Nexus 4 is designed by Google and it is always expected that if any new Android build is released in the market Nexus will be the first device to get it.
Last year in Google I/O event, Google showcased features of Android 4.3 but in that event the prime focus of the event was not about Android Jelly Bean 4.3. Samsung S4 and HTC One has already got official Jelly Bean ROM and it has the same build version JWR66N that Google is going to release for Nexus 4.
The Android Jelly Bean build that Google is going to announce in its upcoming I/O event is already been leaked by Jeff Williams Google Nexus 4. After the leak, xda-developer member copied the ROM installed on Jeff’s Nexus 4 using Nandroid backup and made it available for the community both in Odexed and Deodexed flashable zip files.
To begin with Installing Android Jelly Bean 4.3 on Nexus 4, user need to gather few things and need to prepare their device to install Jelly Bean on it.
Disclaimer: Please follow the guide at your own risk and we at TechDistinct are not be held responsible if your device gets damaged.
Requirements to Install Android Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM:
- Copy of Android Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM for Nexus 4, download link provided below
- Unlocked Nexus 4 with bootloader unlocked TWRP recovery installed on the device.
- SuperSU app for Android 4.3 (optional) [Required to get root access on the device ]
Guide to Install Stock Android Jelly Bean on Nexus 4:
- Flash TWRP on Nexus 4 using Nexus 4 root toolkit
- Now, move the zip file downloaded above to the internal memory of Nexus 4.
- Connect Nexus 4 with PC and make sure ADB and Fast Boot is installed and configured with Android SDK
- Now, reboot the device in recovery mode and clear dalvik cache and wipe cache.
- In the fourth step, locate the zip file which is present in the internal memory and flash it.
- Wait for few minutes until the flashing process is completed and then just restart the device.
- It will take few minutes to boot for the first time, wait for few more minutes and then you are ready to go.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM: Odexed Version | Deodexed Version
- Nexus 4 Root Toolkit
- SuperSU for Android 4.3
If you face any issue while installing Android Jelly Bean 4.3 on Nexus 4 then you can comment here or can post comment in official thread.