When we purchase a new computer or when we make fresh installation of an Operating System, computer works perfectly fine but as days goes by system start responding slowly. The reason for it can be anything virus infection, hard drive space, hardware fault etc. Hence, to resolve the problem with slow computer performance we call up a computer engineer to look into the problem causing the issue and to fix it.
Today we are going to share five effective tips to fix slow computer performance without spending single penny.
1) Newly purchased computer comes with pre-installed programs among them many are of no use. These irrelevant programs eat up memory and space and hence slow down the computer performance. So user need to remove those programs by going to control panel->programs and features->uninstall programs.
2) When we start the computer all the programs which are installed in the computer loads up by default and hence slow down the computer performance. Those programs are of no use when computer starts, so it must be disabled. User can disable those programs by using Microsoft Configuration tool, to use this feature, Go to Start-> Run-> Type in the run window “msconfig” without quotes and press enter. Now, in Microsoft Configuration Window go to startup tab & from the bottom of the Window, click on “disable all”, hit “Apply and OK” and restart the computer.
3) When we use the computer, our each activity are been saved in thumbnails, the thumbnail helps computer to respond faster when we do that same thing on the computer, it act as a cache. Like thumbnail cache, temp files are also been created and saved in computers root partition. So, those file eats space and hence affects computer performance. To fix this problem user need to perform disk cleanup, Microsoft has in-built disk cleanup features and it can be accessed by going to start->all programs-> accessories->system tool->disk cleanup. User can also try “temp”, “%temp%” and “prefetch” commands in run window to clean up computer.
4) While surfing internet or copying files from other computer using flash drive, microSD card the computer gets infected by virus, malware and hence affects the computer performance. To resolve this problem, it is strongly recommended to install antivirus programs like Kaspersky, AVG, AVAST. Microsoft also offers Microsoft Security Essential which is available for free for Windows based computer. The antivirus program helps to protect the computer from infection by running automatic scans and removing detected threat.
5) Computer running low on memory or hard drive can also result in computer slow performance. To fix this problem, perform defrag on the computer on a timely basis. When PC runs, files inside the computer spreads in pieces and defragmentation helps to optimize those files in a proper way. Windows XP, Vista, Win 7 and Windows 8 comes with default defrag program and can be access by going to Start->Accessories->System Tools-> Defragmentation.
We hope above tips will surely help to optimize slow computer and boost the performance. If you have any queries then don’t hesitate to ask in your comments below.