Just like other mailing wormâ€™s mytob is a mass emailing Trojan worm. It sends a emails that include subjects like â€œhiâ€, â€œmail transaction failedâ€, â€œhelloâ€ etc.
This kind of emails has attachment which blocks the access to any security related website, and it automatically disables the antivirus which is running on your system. Further more if your computer is infected with mytob Trojan mailer, then you have to remove this virus manually.
The following steps are used to remove mytob worm:-
- Press â€œctrlâ€ +â€shiftâ€+â€escapeâ€ to open the task manager.
- Click on the â€œprocessesâ€ tab.
- Click on the button â€œshow processes for all usersâ€.
- Now, search for the filenames- taskmanagers.exe, mytobsfx.exe, msnmsgr.exe, mytobsfx.exe, taskmanager.exe.
- Select each process named above which are in the image tab of task manager, then delete each file one-by-one.
- Now close the task manager.
- Click on the â€œstartâ€ button and type into the search programs â€œtaskmanager.exeâ€. Select the file which appears on the result, right click on the file and press delete.
- Repeat this process for all the names.
- Finally restart your computer to remove these files from the registry.
P.S. :-These steps will work only in windows 7 and vista. To perform this task on older version of windows you need to type the same name on-by-one in the run program.