Recently, Galaxy Nexus was launched and Google pushed many new updates to it officially. As being the first device of its kind to receive official Ice Cream Sandwich OS, so Google made many changes to it like automatic mounting (mount dismount) of mass storage device for unknown device is not recognizable.
This problem was later found with the ICS OS build, the time until Google fixes it till then Chainfire, a recognized developer from Xda developer community has come up with an app called StickMount, which will help user to mount dismount USB sticks on Galaxy Nexus.
The StickMount is capable to mount and dismount any unrecognized volume but before using this app, the Â device must be rooted. Yes, you here it right! You need to have a rooted Galaxy Nexus device.
If you already have a rooted Galaxy Nexus and looking for a way around to mount/dismount any unrecognized volume automatically then try StickMount app.
Getting started with StickMount on Galaxy Nexus:
- A rooted Galaxy Nexus device is required.
- StickMount app [Link provided below].
Once done with the pre-requisite items, you can head start the mount/dismount process on Galaxy Nexus.
- First of all, download and install StickMount app.
- Now, connect USB stick with the USB host or via OTG cable, a pop-up window will come up which will ask to make StickMount as default. Just select StickMount as default.
- If you have already installed StickMount and USB Stick is already connected and if the stick is not detected, then you need to disconnect and reconnect the USB stick and manually launch the StickMount app.
- The mounting of the USB device is done to /SDcard/usbstorage/xxxx/. For now only USB stick of FAT file format can be mounted.
NOTE: If for some user the app does not work, then you can blame the OTG cable or the device for the same. If the problem is with the OTG cable then you need to change it before using StickMount on Galaxy Nexus and if the problem is with the device then double check whether the device is rooted or not and after that check for proper installation of app from the beginning.
Via Xda Developer