Any day of our life becomes memorable when we achieve something for the first time and in the meanwhile if we do the thing for the first time whether it is learning ABC of English alphabets or learning a bicycle or just playing with your Android device, each part of the learning teaches us something which becomes memorable for whole of our life. And when we talk about Android then I personally just say HOORAY when I’m able to achieve something on the device.
Now getting back to the topic, in the past we have learned how to root/unroot Android devices but we didn’t talk about how to update root/unroot method on Android. So, here in this post I’m going to discuss how to update root/unroot method for Galaxy Tab 10.1 U.S. Wi-Fi version only. But before I begin, I just want to tell user why it is necessary to update root/unroot method? Well, seriously speaking if you have already rooted your device and running some unauthorized app on it and on some day you faced any problem on the device with any kind malware attack or by running malicious code, then at that point of time if your device is already updated with latest rooting apps then, the attack on such devices is restricted (~to some extent).
To begin with how to update root/unroot process, following things are required:
- ODIN_v1.85 [Download]
- ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 [Download]
Now, once done with pre-requisite item, you can head start the root/unroot process on Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi only by following the step-by-step guide below:
DISCAIMER: If in any case you Brick/Break/Disintegrate Galaxy Tab, then TechDistinct is not to be held responsible for the same. So, if you are a beginner its better stay away from this.
- Turn off Galaxy Tab and boot the device intoÂ Download Mode by holding Power and Volume down buttons until the bootloader screen comes up.
- Now, in the Download Mode, run ODIN_v1.85.exe that you have downloaded in the pre-requisite items.
- Connect Galaxy Tab to the PC with the help of cable and when you will see yellow box lit up, just hit the PDA button in ODIN3, select ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168 and hit Start.
- Once you hit the start button it will hardly take 7 seconds to root the device and now wait for the device to reboot on its own.
- Once the device booted up just navigate to the root folder of SDCARD/USBSTORAGE and add the file Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip there.
- Now, power off the device and reboot the device into Recovery Mode.
- In the recovery mode just wipe dalvik cache/data and all factory settings to flash the device completely.
- When done with clearing all cache and data files just select Install zip from SDcard-> Choose zip from SDcard->Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip and press â€œYESâ€ button.
- Â In the last step, wait for few minutes until the device settles down the Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip file and select reboot system now.
- Before beginning with the unrooting procedure, first take a backup of the data that are there on the phone.
- Now, once done with the backup process, boot the device (Galaxy Tab) into Download Mode.
- Connect Galaxy Tab into your PC and hold for few seconds till it gets connected.
- Now, here select the PDA button and then P7510XABMN_P7510UEKMM_HOME.tar file and hit Start button.
- Wait for few minutes to get Galaxy Tab back in factory settings and once it finishes up reboot the device.
- Once the device reboots, just turn off and on the device in recovery mode and wipe dalvik cache/data and when done with this, you are done! You are now running unrooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1!