Nexus 7 from Asus is the newest and most popular tablet designed by Asus so far. This new tablet has recently received custom Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. The Jelly Bean custom ROM brings plenty of new features to Nexus 7 which includes Lock screen ring targets, updated AOKP section in ROM control settings, toggle button for Reboot and tons of other fixes.
The AOKP Milestone 1 custom ROM can be installed only on rooted device, so if you have not rooted your Asus Nexus 7, then go ahead and root the device as root access is required to install AOKP Milestone 1. This non- official custom ROM can be installed via CWM to flash ROM zip files and Google Apps.
Before begin with the installation we strongly recommend you to take backup of all the settings including data using Nandroid backup tools, as after installing Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 all data will be wiped out.
Disclaimer: The software, custom ROMs, firmware and any tools mentioned in this post is solely owned by their respective owners and TechDistinct is not to be held responsible if you brick/damage your device while installing the custom ROM.
- Make sure the device is charged at least 80 %, as there might be chances that your device shuts down while flashing custom ROM due to low battery.
- Download the USB drivers for Asus Nexus 7. (Link provided below)
- Now, make sure ClockWorkMod recovery is installed on the device, as it is required in order to flash the ROM.
- Download AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 ROM and Google Apps for Asus Nexus 7 on your computer (link provided below)
Steps to install AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Asus Nexus 7:
- Connect the device with the computer using the USB cable and mount USB memory.
- Now, copy AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2. ROM and Google Apps to the SD card root
- Shutdown the device and remove the USB cable from the device.
- Now, boot the tablet in bootloader mode by holding Volume + and – while pressing the ON button.
- The device will boot into CWM Recovery mode, use Volume key to move up and down and select an item.
- Now, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and wipe stored data
- Then select “Wipe cache partition” and clear cache also delete “delvik cache” by navigating to advanced-> wipe delvik cache option.
- Go back to the main menu and select “install zip from SD card” and select “choose zip from SD card” using volume key and select AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 and press power button to select and confirm.
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps for Asus Nexus 7.
- Now, reboot the device to install custom ROM, for the first time it might take some time to boot, so please wait.
- All done! You have successfully installed AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Asus Nexus 7.
If you face any issue while perfuming the installation then don’t hesitate to let us know.
USB Drivers for Asus Nexus 7
AOKP Milestone 1 Android 4.2.2 ROM
Google Apps for Asus Nexus 7