Samsung Note 3 is the flagship Smartphone from Samsung. It comes with Galaxy Gear, it is a smart watch which allows users to control Note 3 phablet connected over Bluetooth connection. Whenever a new device is launched developers around the globe start looking for an easiest and efficient way to root the device. The developer from XDA, chainfire is able to design a tool CF-Auto Root Tool, which allows Note 3 users to root the device in just few clicks.
The device being the flagship and most popular Smartphone announced in recent time after Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and HTC One. It has gained lots of attention from people all around the globe.
Samsung Note 3 comes with KNOX security feature, rooting will turn on the status permanently hence KNOX warranty will be void. Hence if you use KNOX feature on your device then do not root the device.
Samsung KNOX is an enterprise mobile security solution which is designed to meet enterprise IT without invading its employee privacy. KNOX uses android based platform which allows users to separate work and personal life on mobile device by pressing an icon that switches from personal to work use with no delay or reboot wait time.
Things required to root Galaxy Note 3 using CF-Auto Root:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running on official stock firmware.
- CF-Auto Root tool [Download].
- Latest USB drivers for Windows PC [Download].
Procedure to Root Note 3 with CF-Auto Root:
- In the very first step you need to download the exact CF-Auto Root zip file for your device. To get the exact model number of the device, Go to settings-> About device->Model number
- Download the exact CF-Auto Root tool for the model number from above link.
- Now, extract the zip file into a folder on the computer.
- From the extracted folder, look for Odin.exe and click on it to run.
- Now, you need to turn off Note 3 and press power + home+ volume down button to boot the device in download mode.
- Once the device boots into download mode, connect the device with the PC using the cable.
- Now, look for green color light on top left corner on Odin tool. The green color indicates device connected successfully.
- In the last step, click on start button in Odin and wait until the root process is completed.
- Voila! You have successfully rooted Note 3 with CF-Auto Root.
Let us know if you face any issue during the root process or you can simply jump to the official thread here.