It’s not been so long Google to launch Nexus 5 in the market and it has already been rooted by elite android developer, chainfire. Nexus being the flagship model of Google comes with latest Android v4.4 KitKat loaded.
LG Google Nexus 5 comes with 4.95-inch (~ 445ppi) True HD IPS Plus capacitive display, powered by Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor with Adreno 330 GPU. The 2 GB inbuilt RAM makes working on the device faster and smoother.
Disclaimer: Please follow the guide at your own risk and we at TechDistinct are not be held responsible if your device gets damaged.
Things Required to Root LG Google Nexus 5:
Steps to Root LG Google Nexus 5:
- Download and extract the zip file from here.
- Connect phone with the PC, make sure ADB driver is installed.
- Now, power off the device and boot in bootloader aka Fastboot mode by holding VolUP+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
- Now, if running on Windows PC then run “Windows.bat” file
On Linux based PC:
Chmod +x root –linux.sh
On Mac OS X PC:
Chmod +x root –mac.sh
Run root –mac.sh
- After executing above code wait and watch both computer and device for the on screen instruction, in next few minutes LG Nexus 5 will be rooted.
Let us know if you face any issue while rooting the device or jump to the official thread here.