Last year, in December we covered about Nokia X codenamed Nokia Normandy Smartphone rumor which will run on forked version of Android. Guess what, those rumors are found to be true, recently in Mobile World Congress Nokia announced Nokia X “Normandy” Smartphone. Nokia “X” family consist of 3 Smartphone that company has announced(X,X+ and XL).
As, Nokia X will be running on polished version of Android, hence device will not offer Google Play Store support, so developers around the world started looking for way to install Google Apps in Nokia X and renowned member from Xda-developer, kashmalaga was able to restore Gapps in Nokia X.
If you already have Nokia X or planning to get one, then keep reading further, we will tell you how to root Nokia X and install Google Apps. Catch us after the jump!
How to Root Nokia X and Install Google Apps, Google Now Launcher, Play Store:
- To begin with installation, you should need a rooted device. Download Gandalf Exploit included in Framaroot app [Here] to root the device.
- Get a root explorer app Grab one from Here.
- Now, extract and copy all apks from “NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip” to /system/app and change permissions for those files.
- Once done, Reboot the device.
- Extract and install NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip normally.
- Add Google launcher, install “NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip”.
- All done! Now, launch Google Play Store, enter your Google credentials, enjoy.
Nokia X is a dual SIM phone with dual standby support, powered by Dual-core 1GHz Cortex-A5 Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, offers 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive display. Device offers 4 GB internal memory expandable upto 32 GB.
As, it is a basic phone hence it is not designed to take great photos, as its 3.15 MP camera is not capable enough to capture great images. Nokia has lined up, 3 variants of Android device, other two devices (X+ and XL) offers few other amazing features.