Battery Saver Mode in Android Oreo 8.0 can help users to save more battery by disabling, tweaking the settings in the device. This method requires basic measures to optimize the settings. User can change settings from disabling vibration while phone on/off process, disabling animation when it is not needed, tweaking settings while using phone when running on 15% battery.
Difficulty level: Medium
Customize Battery Saver Mode in Android Oreo 8.0:
Before we start with the process to customize the battery saver mode. Let’s see the source code of Android 8.0 Oreo below:
The above screenshot shows various parameters available in the Battery Saver Mode in Android Oreo 8.0. In order to customize the output we have to change the Boolean, Integer and float value.
- To enable animation set “animation_disabled” to “false”.
- Disable the brightness dim, change “adjust_brightness_disabled” to “true”.
- Enable vibrations in battery saver mode, we want to set vibration_disabled to “false”.
After selecting the settings that need to be changed, user have to run the command by connecting the device via Adb.
I will enable animations, enable vibration, and disable the screen brightness dim whenever I turn on battery saver. To accomplish this task.
- Go to command prompt on the computer -> type “adb shell“
- It should list the device name on which you are going to optimize the battery saver mode
- Now, I have picked three changes that I would like to make. To achieve those changes I will replace the code as settings put global battery_saver_constants “vibration_disabled=false, animation_disabled=false, adjust_brightness_disabled=true
- In the above code I have replaced the boolean value with True/False.
- Once the above command is executed, user need to disconnect the device from computer and restart.
- After restarting the phone, please enable Battery Saver Mode on Android Oreo 8.0. You will see that your phone now vibrates, animations are on, and the brightness doesn’t dim anymore.
User can pick appropriate settings and run the boolean value to enable/disable functions available in Battery Saver Mode on Android Oreo 8.0. Do give it a try and share your experience in comment section below.
Via XDA Developers