Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are the two most polished operating system launched by Microsoft. These two operating system requires frequent update that cause high CPU usage and performance issue with the computer. In this article, we will talk how to fix high CPU usage by Windows module installer worker.
Windows module installer worker uses Tiworker.exe to check and download Windows Update. Sometimes while checking for updates, it causes high CPU usage or slow down performance of the computer. There are two ways to fix high CPU usage issue. Manual Mode and using Troubleshooter tool.
1. How to Manually Fix CPU usage by TiWorker.exe:
- Go to Start or Press [Windows] + [R] -> Type -> “Run”-> Enter.
- In the run box, type “services.msc“-> Enter.
- Here, you will see list of services those are running on the computer. You have to look for Window Module Installer Worker-> right click -> select “Properties”-> Startup Type-> Manual -> Apply-> ok.
- Repeat the above steps for Windows Update services.
- After settings both services as Manual Startup. Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update.
- On Windows Update -> Change settings -> Select “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them” -> ok
- Reboot the computer and the issue with High CPU usage should be fixed.
2. Solve Windows Module Installer Worker issue using Windows Update TroubleShooter:
- Go to Windows Update Troubleshooter link here.
- Download and run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostric.diagcab file.
- This repair tool will check registry and fixes the issue, in some case it may take some time.
- After repair is complete, it will display “Troubleshooting has completed” message.
- Close the troubleshooter and restart the computer.
User can pick any option to fix the issue on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Do give it a try and share your experience in the comment section below. Also, let us know if you are facing any similar issue due to high CPU usage.